For some reason I equate automobiles with rounded edges and lights with things that are more classy...more affluent. It's very similar to how I feel about National Geographic magazine - someday having that subscription on my coffee table where I can really enjoy the articles and read at my leisure is a dream of affluence for me. Weird but true. I'll come back to this magazine issue I have...
So this thing with rounded cars - I'm not really sure where it came from - my first car was a Jeep CJ7...as square as they come - from it's soft top on down to the wheel wells. Then it was an Escort...really old Escort that was pretty boxy on the edges. Then came a Sundance that was a bit more rounded in that typical sedan type way. Then another Escort that was quite a bit more rounded and sporty. Then the Mini - very rounded and a tad on the bubbly side. The second Mini has even more rounded edges.
Some days I wonder if I'll end up driving a circular wheel to the office. One of those space age things that have open sides.
Why would rounded corners mean success to me? Do I secretly want to drive a bubble? Not really. Do I crave the feeling of driving a car that's all sleek and soft? Without a doubt.
Now, back to the National Geographic. Do I have a subscription right now? No. Can I afford one? Sure. But I'm not at a point in my life where I want to have that magazine on my coffee table. To me it means I've reached as high as I can go. Maybe it also means responsibility in some fashion.
Like a soft sweeping outline of a car...the yellow bordered magazine means that I've grown all the way up.
Maybe I'm afraid of heights.

No comments:
Post a Comment