No idea where my weekends have gone...to hospital I suppose. Not to mention how fast the summer flew by - I get that I lost several weeks after the appendix surgery, but really, where did June go? July? *sigh*
I love this weather though - this beginning of fall type thing. When the air is beyond frigid in the morning and eases into a gentle breeze with just a touch of heat in the afternoon. When the cats curl into your bed in the morning and into sunbeams in the afternoon.
The way the air smells. The sweetness of decay. The trees silently changing shape and color...turning a corner into a gust of leaves falling from a single tree. It's bliss. Makes me remember a bit more of who I used to be. Of what once was that actually has a chance of returning.
And of course, it's a sign that our annual carving party is just around the corner.

No comments:
Post a Comment